Requirements for registration:
The research topic of the eligible PhD researchers should be related to the discipline of Cognition, Learning, and/or Memory. To apply as a full member, PhD students
- complete an application form,
- send in an Immatrikulationsbestätigung of the University of Bern,
- hand in a copy of their Master Degree,
- send an application letter including their motivation to become a SGS-CLM member,
- and send their curriculum vitae and a confirmation from their PhD supervisor.
When research fits the scope of the graduate school, and the documentation is complete, the PhD student can become a member of the Graduate School. After becoming a member, the PhD student will receive a confirmation, which includes a listing of the thesis committee assigned to the PhD student member.
Requirements when PhD students are registered:
Registered PhD students should make sure they acquire at least 14 ECTS credits by following GS courses, a summer school, external courses, and through conference presentations. Please find more info about how to receive ECTS credits here.
Further, by the end of each year, PhD students should write an annual report, in which they reflect on their research progress, and describe their aims for the next year and their output (presentations and publications). PhD students can use the annual report template for this. The annual report has to be sent to Lea Waldis by email by mid-January.